SHRIMP + RICE + ASPARAGUS + ONION BOWL
This bowl is perfect as either a pre or post workout meal as it is higher in carbohydrate and really low in fat so it will digest quickly. Quick and easy as only the vegetables have to be cooked.
- 2+ lbs pre-cooked shrimp that has already been thawed
- Jasmine Rice
- 2+ bundles of Asparagus
- 1 Onion
- Avocado or Olive Oil Spray
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Black Peppercorn Grinder
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Rice is what will take the longest so let’s fire that up first. Bring out the rice cooker and use the included measuring cup to measure out how much you want to cook. It’s always recommended to make cover your next few meals. 1:1 dry rice to water ratio.
- Cut up your onion into pieces about 1.5 to 2 inches in length
- Take your asparagus bundles and cut the bottom 3 inches or so off and toss them. Cut the remainder of the asparagus into roughly 3 inch sections.
- Add a light coat of cooking oil spray into the pan with a couple tablespoons of water, set it to medium and throw the asparagus chunks in there, add some sea salt on them and cover it. Cook the asparagus for 5-7 minutes until steam is pumping through the pan lid. If you like you asparagus softer cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Empty the thawed shrimp into a separate lightly oiled pan and add a generous amount of fresh ground peppercorn and Old Bay, and heat these up on medium-high. Since the shrimp are pre-cooked they will only need 5 or 6 minutes to curl a bit more.
- Remove the asparagus from the first pan and throw the chopped onion in there and cook it on medium-high. If you like the onion to still have a little bit of a bite to it you will only want to cook them for about 4 minutes or they will get a bit too soft.
- Wait for the rice to be done, so you can build the bowl. It’s a decent idea to weigh out your portions of shrimp, asparagus, and onion while the rice finishes.
BUILDING THE BOWL:
- Rice first, 250+ grams cooked rice
- Portion out 150+ grams of shrimp on top of the rice
- Add 125+ grams asparagus
- Top it off with 75+ grams onion
- Put extra freshly ground pepper on top
- 39g Protein | 59g Carbohydrate | 7g Fat | 455 Calories