SHRIMP + JASMINE RICE + BROCCOLI BOWL
Just a little seafood twist on one the most classic of all staple healthy meals.
- 2+ lbs pre-cooked shrimp that has already been thawed
- Jasmine rice
- 3+ bunches of Broccoli
- Black Peppercorn Grinder
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Avocado or Olive Oil
- Old Bay (or Cajun) Seasoning
- Rice is what will take the longest so let’s fire that up first. Bring out the rice cooker and use the included measuring cup to measure out how much you want to cook. It’s always recommended to make cover your next few meals. 1:1 dry rice to water ratio.
- Prepare the broccoli by removing the stem from the florets.
- Add your broccoli florets with a few tablespoons of water and cover with a lid. Cook on medium to medium high for about 6 minutes for a more firm cooked broccoli.
- Empty the thawed shrimp into a separate lightly oiled pan and add a generous amount of fresh ground peppercorn and Old Bay, and heat these up on medium-high. Since the shrimp are pre-cooked they will only need 5 or 6 minutes to curl a bit more.
BUILDING THE BOWL:
- Rice first. 250+ grams of rice
- Add 150+ grams of shrimp on top of the rice
- Then 150+ grams of broccoli
- Top it with more fresh ground black pepper and sea salt on everything
- 41g Protein | 63g Carbohydrate | 8g Fat | 488 Calories
- Easily scale the rice proportion down if needed based on your daily carbohydrate requirements