PAN FRIED BEEF TENDERLOIN + BOILED RUSSET POTATOES + STEAMED BROCCOLI
This became a staple meal after moving to Vietnam with fewer available options and no cast iron. Simple and efficient!
- 2+ lbs. Beef Tenderloin
- 3+ lbs. Russet Potatoes
- 3+ bunches of Broccoli
- Black Peppercorn Grinder
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Chili Powder
- Avocado or Olive Oil
- Trim any excess removable fat from the beef tenderloin.
- Cut the beef tenderloin into roughly 1 inch thick steaks.
- Apply a very small amount of cooking oil to each steak (just enough so the seasoning sticks to it.) Generously apply freshly ground black peppercorn and sea salt, and then apply chili powder to your liking of heat. Don’t forget to season both sides!
- Wash and then cut each potato into roughly 2 inch cubes.
- Prepare the broccoli by removing the stem from the florets.
- Prepare a pot of water to boil while you are cutting the potatoes. Once the water is boiling add the cubed potatoes and boil for about 8 minutes. If you like your potatoes to still have a bit of firmness pull them out right at 8 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and turn it on high. Lay each of the steaks into the frying pan and cook on high for 2 minutes each side. Since these steaks are thin they will cook fast. You don’t want to overcook them or they will become tough. Flipping once.
- In an additional pan add your broccoli florets with a few tablespoons of water and cover with a lid. Cook on medium to medium high for about 6 minutes for a more firm cooked broccoli.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER:
- Add 200 grams of potatoes to your plate
- 125+ grams of beef tenderloin goes on top
- Then 100+ grams of broccoli
- Top it with more fresh ground black pepper and sea salt on top of everything
- 38g Protein | 47g Carbohydrate | 23g Fat | 531 Calories