OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
A quality complex carbohydrate source that is very easy to make in bulk quantities and requires medium effort. Very low in fat, and also lower in carbohydrates per the actual volume of food you get.
- 4+ large sweet potatoes (3+ lbs)
- Avocado or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Black Peppercorn Grinder
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Wash the sweet potatoes and remove any growths, strings, or abnormalities.
- Cut off each end, then cut the sweet potatoes into roughly 1 inch chunks. I never remove the skin purely for time and efficiency, but if you don’t want the skin feel free to remove it.
- Put all the chunks into a large salad or mixing bowl and spray some of your olive or avocado oil on top then using a large spoon mix the chunks around and continue spraying light coats until they are mixed up.
- Generously apply the black pepper and Italian seasoning to chunks inside the bowl. Use the sea salt substantially less than the pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix all the chunks up again in the bowl so the seasonings coat more than just the top layer of potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 405 degrees.
- Evenly distribute the sweet potato chunks onto one or more cooking trays (whether you put aluminum foil into the trays or not is up to you.)
- Feel free to re apply any cooking spray or seasoning if the potatoes look like they need more. I typically err on the side of less spray and more seasoning.
- Cook in the oven at 405 for roughly 30 minutes until the potatoes look tender and slightly “wrinkled”. You can stir them halfway through if you want to, I typically do not.
- If you like your potatoes a bit more firm, reduce oven roasting time about 5-8 minutes