MATCHA OVERNIGHT OATS
One of the best breakfast choices in terms of quality carbohydrate, and omega 3 fats. On the low end for protein so you would want to pair this with a protein focused side as well.
- 1 Pint (16 oz.) Mason Jar
- 40 grams Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds (~14 grams weight)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed (~6.5 grams weight)
- 1 tsp Matcha powder (2 grams weight)
- Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Flaxseed Milk ( or swap your preferred milk variation)
- Measure out 40 grams (½ cup) of Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. You can substitute steel cut oats if you prefer these. I recommend avoiding quick oats as they will get a bit mushy. Add the oats into the mason jar.
- Add the 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds into the mason jar.
- Add the 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed into the mason jar.
- Add the 1 tsp (notice: teaspoon) of Matcha into the mason jar.
- Generously add Ground Cinnamon for flavor. Feel free to add as much or as little as you prefer.
- Pour in 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk.
- Stir all the ingredients and milk together and make sure the Matcha or Cinnamon hasn’t clumped up against any parts of the mason jar. Mix well.
- Store in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours (preferably overnight.)
- 10g Protein | 35g Carbohydrate | 12g Fat | 288 Calories
- Adding fruit or using different milk will change the above values
- If you prefer the sweetened coconut milk feel free to substitute at the expensive of extra carbohydrate
- You can easily scale up or down the amount of oats, chia seeds, flaxseed, or fruit to fit within your macros
- In the morning add fruit if you like. Bananas, blueberries, or blackberries are my favorites