EGG + SPINACH SCRAMBLE
A breakfast staple, with a few options for adjusting protein up and more or less spice.
- 3 large whole eggs
- 25-35 grams Spinach
- Avocado or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Black Peppercorn Grinder
- Optional. 3 servings liquid egg whites. 138 grams in weight
- Optional. Hot sauce (Sriracha or Cholula is recommended)
- (If including the egg whites) Add 3 servings of liquid egg whites to a measuring cup. 3 egg whites should fill between the ½ and ¾ cup lines (or 138 grams by weight.)
- Add the 3 whole eggs into the measuring cup and whisk together.
- Lightly coat a frying pan with the cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute the spinach into the frying pan and heat on medium high for a few minutes until the spinach starts to wilt a bit.
- Pour the contents of the measuring cup on top of the spinach already in the pan.
- Add the freshly ground black peppercorn.
- Cook and scramble your eggs to your preferred doneness.
- Including liquid egg whites. 34g Protein | 2g Carbohydrate | 15g Fat | 279 Calories
- Not including liquid egg whites. 19g Protein | 2g Carbohydrate | 15g Fat | 219 Calories
- If you want the spinach to be cooked a bit more, don’t “scramble” the eggs until they start to bubble a tiny bit, as if you were making an omelette, but instead of folding it over like you would an omelette, just scramble everything.
- You should definitely add hot sauce!!!