CAST IRON SIRLOIN ROASTED BROCCOLINI PURPLE RICE
This meal is funny because of the story behind the purple rice. I mixed with black forbidden rice with jasmine rice inside the rice cooker under the presumption it would turn out like homemade wild rice. Instead I received “purple” rice.
- 2+ lbs. of Top Sirloin Beef
- At least three bundles of fresh Broccolini (also called Broccolette)
- Black Rice (also called forbidden rice)
- Jasmine rice
- Avocado oil
- Black Peppercorn Grinder
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Goya Adobo
- Chili Powder
- Mix equal parts black rice and jasmine rice into the rice cooker. It is recommended to make more than you will want for this one meal. 2+ cups dry.
- Follow the instructions for preparing your top sirloin here.
- Follow the instructions for preparing broccolini here.
BUILDING THE PLATE:
- Rice first. 200 grams cooked rice. You can scale this value up or down depending on your daily carbohydrate requirements.
- 150+ grams of cooked top sirloin.
- 150+ grams of broccolini. You can substantially scale this number up with only marginally changing the macronutrient profile of this meal.
54g Protein | 52g Carbohydrate | 20g Fat | 604 Calories