PAN FRIED BEEF TENDERLOIN + BLACK RICE + PAN STEAMED ASPARAGUS
Another simple bowl this time with black rice!
- 2+ lbs. Beef Tenderloin
- 3+ cups Black Rice
- 3+ bunches Asparagus
- Black Peppercorn Grinder
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Chili Powder
- Avocado or Olive Oil
- Optional. Alfalfa Sprouts
- Rice is what will take the longest so let’s fire that up first. Bring out the rice cooker and use the included measuring cup to measure out how much you want to cook. It’s always recommended to make cover your next few meals. 1:1 dry rice to water ratio.
- Take your asparagus bundles and cut the bottom 3 inches or so off and toss them. Cut the remainder of the asparagus into roughly 3 inch sections.
- Trim any excess removable fat from the beef tenderloin.
- Cut the beef tenderloin into roughly 1 inch thick steaks.
- Apply a very small amount of cooking oil to each steak (just enough so the seasoning sticks to it.) Generously apply freshly ground black peppercorn and sea salt, and then apply chili powder to your liking of heat. Don’t forget to season both sides!
- Add 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and turn it on high. Lay each of the steaks into the frying pan and cook on high for 2 minutes each side. Since these steaks are thin they will cook fast. You don’t want to overcook them or they will become tough. Flipping once.
- Place all of the asparagus in a separate pan and add a few tablespoons of water, cover, and cook on medium for 6-8 minutes until the steam is pumping through the pan cover valve.
BUILDING THE BOWL:
- Add 150+ grams of black rice to your bowl
- 125+ grams of beef tenderloin goes on top
- Add 125+ grams of your steamed asparagus
- Top it with more fresh ground black pepper and sea salt on top of everything
- Garnish with fresh Alfalfa Sprouts. But not too many as they have a stronger flavor!
- 40g Protein | 51g Carbohydrate | 19g Fat | 535 Calories