CAST IRON CHICKEN TENDERLOINS
In the cast iron is one of the best ways to cook chicken. These tenderloins cook really fast and evenly with tons of flavor.
- 2+ lbs of chicken tenderloin
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Avocado Oil
- Trader Joe’s Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning
- Avocado or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Coat the Cast Iron Skillet with a thin layer of Avocado Oil. Avocado oil is preferred because of the much higher smoke point when cooking.
- Evenly distribute the chicken tenderloins onto a large cutting board or sheet you can use to season them. Quickly spray a coat of the cooking spray onto the chicken so the seasoning will stick to them.
- Generously apply the lemon pepper and everyday seasonings onto the side of the chicken you just lightly sprayed with cooking oil. Then press the seasoning into the chicken with your fingers.
- Flip each chicken tenderloin over and repeat steps 2 and 3. Make sure to season both sides for all the flavor!
- Heat the cast iron skillet over open flame on HIGH for about 2 minutes.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 3 ½ minutes each side, flipping once.
- Don’t be tempted to cook the chicken longer. Especially because you will be reheating these later, 6-7 minutes won’t dry them out.
- Another seasoning combo that tastes really good with these chicken tenderloin is fresh ground black peppercorn, chili powder, and onion powder.